January Beauty Buys 2019

18:50

Hey lovelies!

Hope you all had the best Christmas and a happy new year and are all settling into 2019 well! Now I'm back with my first post of 2019 (I know how crazy is that!). I thought it would be nice to kick off Abbey Hearts with a January Beauty Buys, to let you guys nose in on all the beauty bits Ive been purchasing this month already! I love being nosey so I hope you do too. 


Since the weather has been drab and damp, I can't resist a quick peak online to see whats new! Now as soon as I looked on Instagram I saw an advert for these and instantly got sucked in...yes I am the perfect consumer for brand marketing haha. Of course I am talking about the Ciate London Glitter Flip Lipsticks. I ordered mine from ciatelondon.com just after new year (which they would've been perfect for btw) and to be honest they did take a while to arrive which concerned me at the time. You couldn't beat the offer on Ciatelondon.com which was buy one get one free, so of course I took advantage of this and ordered 2! My shades are 'whisper' (beautiful dark nude shade) and 'infamous' (cute coral). I had to try them straight away, ripping the parcel open and waiting for the glitter flip to happen! You apply a normal layer, wait for 1 whole minute and then smush your lips together to reveal the beautiful glitter - which catches the light like magic. I have been wearing these on a day to day basis but I can't wait to have a fancy event and let my lips glitter for all to see. My thoughts at £17 each ... buy, buy, buy!!!



Next up is the fragrance mist Cosmos by Zoella, I always make sure I head to my local Superdrug when Zoe releases a new scent and I must say I really didn't want to pay full price for this as the scent just didn't last long enough on me. However Last week me and my mum headed to the sales and popped in Superdrug to see Cosmos on sale for £2.50!! Such a bargain so I obviously had to buy! Lets not forget how cute the packaging is and looks great on my dressing table not going to lie. 

Zoella Cosmos  RRP £14 now £7.70 for 100ml


Now I have been wanting to repurchase Benefit's They're Real Mascara for a while now as I haven't found another mascara that works as well as this! So yesterday I decided to bite the bullet and purchase it for £22 for the full size. Now to me this is expensive however it really works, my eyelashes look insane like I have falsies on! I also use to get many compliments on my eyelashes when I used it last time so lets see if my family and friends notice again! I have also tried Benefits other mascaras including Roller lash and Big Gal Bang but they didn't do anything for me and dried up quickly!

(shop around as it can often be cheaper)

Another life saver is my classic forever repurchase Rimmel Natural Bronzer in the shade Sunshimmer. However this time I accidentally purchased the shimmer version instead of my beloved matte, but I'll see how I get on. For £5.99 I always find this is a perfect bronzer shade for me and looks lovely on fair skin. I use this to set my Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Stick and they work together nicely to get rid of my double chin (thanks to Christmas). If you are also looking for a bronzer that is nice and natural then this is the one for you. 

Rimmel Bronzer £5.99 at Boots


Now we all know I love jumping on the band wagon so when I saw that Soap & Glory have released their first hair care line I had to try at least one item from the collection. I chose the Control Sleek which is a heat activated smoothing cream (which I was in need of a new one). My hair is dyed so therefore frizzy and I have split ends so any smoothing cream I instantly neeeeed. Maybe Im stupid but I thought this product would smell like the classic Soap & Glory smell which we all know and love, but no ... it smells like lemongrass and herbs ... not nice. Butttt I can't let the smell determine if I like 'control sleek' but after my first use, I was impressed. I brushed my hair then applied the product to my fingertips to slightly warm up and apply evenly to both sides of my hair towards the lower lengths. My hair instantly felt smoother 'lol', sleek and less frizzy! Winner in my eyes, thanks S&G.

Control Sleek by Soap & Glory   £6 introductory offer at boots however normal RRP is £9


Last but not least I of course popped into my favourite shop. TK Maxx. Good ol' TK maxx never fails to amaze me and me and joe both came out with good products! Mine is the beautiful english bluebell scented fragrance mist from Yardley. I know Yardley isn't really a popular brand for millennials in todays society but 1 spray of this and it was in my basket. I love bluebells and in the spring I can't wait to visit the Bluebell wood that is local to me. If you see this in your local TK Maxx head over and give it a sniff, you won't be disappointed! 

Yardley Bluebell fragrance mist £3 at TK Maxx, £6 at Boots

If you've carried on reading this far then well done and thank you for reading my first post of 2019 on Abbey Hearts! I am so excited for this year and can't wait to create more content, more frequently! 


Love Abbey xx 

This post is not sponsored and all views and images are my own, Copyright Abbey Hartley. 








You Might Also Like

0 comments

About Me

International Fashion Promotion student Beauty/lifestyle blogger and ultimate fashion enthusiast

Like me on Facebook

Popular Posts

Follow me on Twitter